Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Planning Meals Ahead

I have always been a planner, someone who has lists for everything. I LOVE post its and the whole idea of color coding and leaving myself reminders. I know, you wouldn't be the first person to call me strange. I go to the grocery store EVERY Friday and I shop for the whole week. I am not a fan of going to the grocery store, so the fewer times a week I go, the happier I am. Since I only go once a week, I have to plan the menu for the week ahead on Thursday night. I know what we are going to eat every day. This way I can make good meal decisions and we aren't desperate to eat just anything.

I use a grocery list app on my iPhone religiously (also available for droid). If I realize we are out of storage bags, I add it immediately to my GroceryGadget App. This way I never forget anything at the store and I can make better use of my time.

GroceryGadget allows for you to check things you need at the store and as you check them, it organizes them in categories so you make better use of your time while in the store ie: deli, produce, dairy, frozen foods etc. Once you put an item in your cart, you can check it and it will disappear off of your list. This also helps me to not put extra things in my shopping cart. If it isn't on my list, I am not buying it. I use this app religiously, even when I wasn't eating healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment