Friday, April 13, 2012

Kale Chips


I have seen these all over the blogs and on Twitter lately and I wasn't really sure how I felt about the idea of them. I mean, a leafy green posing as a chip? I decided to just try them to see how they were.

Kale is VERY good for you. One cup of the stuff is 206% of your daily Vitamin A, 134% of your daily Vitamin C, 9% of your daily Calcium, 6.3% of your Iron. It also has 299.5 mg of potassium and 1.3 g of dietary fiber.

All I did was tear the Kale leaves off of the stems into bite sized pieces and tossed them in a bowl. I drizzled them with a little olive oil and tossed the leaves around a bit. Then I sprinkled them with some sea salt and tossed the pan in a 500 degree oven for 5-6 minutes until the edges started to brown and when I moved them around they were chip like.

They will definitely do for my 3:00 afternoon snack. I must admit, I was impressed. Hubby wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole, however.


No comments:

Post a Comment