Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Granola Bars (gluten free, high protein)


I came across this recipe at Sarahfit.com (my new favorite blog).

1 ½ cups rolled oats

½ c almond meal

2 servings of protein po

wder

3T shredded coconut

½ c unsweetened vanilla almond milk

2 T honey

1 mashed banana

2 tsp. cinnamon

¼ c almonds

¼ c golden raisins

Mash all of the ingredients together and spread them out into a 9 1/2 X 11 pan. Put into a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. Cut into 10 servings. Sarah says each bar is 146 calories, 5.4 g fat, 19.5 g of carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 7.8 g sugar, and 6.8 g protein.

They are very tasty! They aren't crunchy though. They are more like a delicious and healthy oatmeal cookie. I love them! My house smells absolutely fabulous after baking these!

3 comments:

  1. These are delicious. I had made two batches. These are so easy, delicious, and tasty.Thank you for this great recipe.I also want to tell that this oatmeal cookie are very nutritious that helps you stay fit and healthy.
    _____________________________________

    high protein bars

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try these but I'm allergic to all nuts. Do you think I could substitute the almond flour with brown rice flour and omit the almonds?

    ReplyDelete