Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Crab stuffed portobello mushrooms

My husband and I love crab.  Make it some cheesy crab and it is just perfection.  I was so excited to eat this that this is the photo that almost wasn't.  As you can see I already started eating my dinner and then remembered I should take a picture for the blog.  With our dinner we had a lovely salad and some brown rice.  I did not follow a recipe, but I will do my very best to write this out for you.

-2 giant portobello mushroom caps (gills scraped and stems removed)
-1 cup jumbo lump crabmeat
-4 wedges of laughing cow cheese (we used garlic and herb)
-4 green onions chopped-green and light green parts only
-1/4 of a red bell pepper diced
-1/2 tsp. old bay seasoning
-4 T. grated parmesan
-1/4 cup panko bread crumbs

Heat oven to 375 degrees.   Spray a pan or a cookie sheet with cooking spray.

Mix the crabmeat, cheese, green onion, red pepper, old bay and parmesan.  Split the mixture in half and put 1/2 of the mixture in each mushroom.  Top with panko bread crumbs.  Spray the panko lightly so it browns easier.

Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the filling is hot and the breadcrumbs are toasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment