Thursday, May 31, 2012

Roasted Garbanzo Beans

I LOVE TO SNACK!  I have a snack around 3:00 every day.  I have seen a version of this recipe several places and love the whole idea of it.  I like to have a bowl of something crunchy and just eat and enjoy.  The fact that this snack has an extra spicy kick is an added bonus.

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees

Rinse and towel dry a can of garbanzo beans and pour them onto a cookie sheet.  Drizzle the beans with 2 teaspoons of olive oil.  Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes.  Every 5 or 10 minutes I opened the oven and gave the sheet tray a little shake so that one side of the beans didn't scorch.  Once they were crispy and golden brown, I added some sea salt and some cajun seasoning.  Store your beans after they have cooled in an air tight container.  They won't be as crunchy the next day, but they will still be pretty darn tasty.

A little more than half a cup has 149 calories, .4 grams saturated fat, 5.8 grams of dietary fiber, 0 grams of sugar, and 7 grams of protein.  Talk about a healthy snack!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment