Friday, May 25, 2012

Quinoa, Tomato and Bean Salad


I needed a side dish for our turkey burgers last night, so I decided to make a fun salad.  I had all of the ingredients in my refrigerator/pantry, so I just threw it all together easily.  It was so yummy and SO GOOD FOR YOU!!
makes 4 large servings

1 cup cooked quinoa
1 can of white beans (you could use any beans you like.  I just had these on hand)
1 pint of tomatoes halved or quartered
20-25 basil leaves cut into ribbons
2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons of olive oil
3 garlic cloves
the juice from half a lemon
salt and pepper to taste

Nutritional info: 171 calories a serving, .6 grams saturated fat, 6.1 grams dietary fiber, 1.6 grams sugar, 7.1 grams protein.

Guess what I am putting in a wrap tomorrow with the leftovers?

No comments:

Post a Comment