Saturday, May 26, 2012

Couch to 5K

Do you want to start running, but aren't sure where to start?

I know a lot of people that have used this conditioning plan and have been very successful.  Honestly, when I first started working out again, I dismissed this program because it seemed too complicated since, with every workout, you had to run so fast for so many minutes and then walk for so many minutes.  That isn't so easy when you are running outdoors.

With this application (available on Android and iPhone) it tells you when to run and when to start walking.  You don't need to time anything.  You can even listen to your own playlists and the application will voiceover or beep when it is time to run or walk.  It takes the guesswork out of trying to time the walk/runs.

This program is only 3 days a week for 35 minutes a day for 8 weeks.  It is no secret that running burns a serious amount of calories and this gets you on your way to becoming a running machine!  I wish I had this application when I first started.  I feel like I started running the hard way and this app would have been so helpful.


No comments:

Post a Comment