Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Lettuce Wraps

These  were completely thrown together.  I will do my best to write down how I made them, but they were quite yummy.  It has been a while since we had chicken.  There isn't a reason for it, it just hasn't made it to the weekly menu lately.  My husband grilled up a pound of boneless, skinless chicken thighs while I sauteed the following in cooking spray:

1 half an onion thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
about 15 baby carrots sliced into matchstick size
6 oz of cremini mushrooms sliced
1 Tablespoon of ginger minced
3 garlic cloves minced
sliced water chestnuts
1 tsp. sesame seeds
Romain Lettuce to wrap it all in

Once all was sauteed and the chicken was grilled and cubed and tossed in with the veggies, I poured some Kikkoman Lower Sodium Teriyaki Sauce in the pan and TA-DA!  I scooped up some of the mixture, put it on some Romain lettuce leaves and sprinkled some sesame seeds on top.  Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment