Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Scheduling Workouts

I am a planner.  I like to know exactly what is going to happen before the time comes.  I HAD to find out if I was having a boy or a girl before I gave birth to my kiddos.  I needed to plan their rooms, clothes, toys etc.

When I am going on a trip, I write lists.  I list what needs to be packed and I list the things we will be doing with addresses and phone numbers.  Needless to say, I am not a huge fan of spontaneity.   Spontaneity leads me to make poor choices about food and keeps me on the sofa instead of working out.

On Sundays, I have been making my breakfasts and lunches for the week so I don't even have to think about what I feel like having each day.  Lately, I have been doing the same with my workouts.  I plan on what workouts I am going to do each day.  I make sure I have a variety of things to do, so that I am not bored.

All of this helps me stay on track.  I don't stray from my plan.  I don't take the easy workout and I continue to challenge myself and complete harder and harder workouts.

What do you do to help you stay on track?

No comments:

Post a Comment