Friday, August 3, 2012

Quinoa Pizza Bites

I bought a 4 pound bag of quinoa at Costco.  I am trying hard to find things to make with it instead of putting it in a salad.  This is what I came up with.  Soooooo yummy.  I actually had these for dinner and had to force myself to stop eating them.  They are addicting and very cute!

1 cup quinoa, uncooked
1 cup diced turkey pepperoni
1 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup diced onion
3/4 cup red bell pepper
30 fresh basil leaves chopped
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
3 garlic cloves
3 large eggs
cooking spray
Pizza sauce to dip bites into

Mix all ingredients together except for pizza sauce.  Distribute mixture into mini muffin tin sprayed with cooking spray.  Put into a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until it is looking lightly browned on the tops.

My recipe made 36 bites and each bite was 37 calories a piece.  Each bite had .5 grams of saturated fat, .4 grams dietary fiber, .4 grams sugar, 2.5 grams protein

No comments:

Post a Comment