Tuesday, August 14, 2012

It's Snack Time!!!

Surplus of garden tomatoes? CHECK!  Surplus of Herbs from said garden?  CHECK CHECK!

I always over plant my tomatoes.  Do I need to have 2 cherry tomato plants, 2 Roma tomato plants, 2 Beef steak tomato plants AND 2 yellow tomato plants?  Ummm, probably not, but there really is nothing like fresh tomatoes from your garden.  The yellow tomato plants are even taller than I am this year (I am 5'10'').

I saw a picture of this pizza from here and knew immediately that I HAD to make it.

1 Low carb tortilla (mine is 60 calories)
2 Laughing cow garlic and herb cheese wedges
tomato slices
fresh basil
salt
garlic powder

I turned on the broiler of my oven and tossed the plan tortilla on the rack in the oven so it would crisp up a bit.  Then, when it was feeling crispy, I spread the cheese on the tortilla and placed the tomato slices on top.  I put it on a cookie sheet and broiled it until the edges of the tortilla was browned.  When it was done, I pulled it out of the oven and topped it with some basil, salt and garlic powder.

This was such a yummy snack and was 175 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment