Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Zucchini Tots

I LOVE TATER TOTS!  I love the salty, fried potato goodness.  I needed something to fill the hole that tater tots left behind.  These are not tater tots, but they are pretty yummy all the same and went well with my salmon burgers.

I came across the recipe here.  There is also cheese in them so that made them pretty awesome too.

1 cups zucchini, grated 
1 egg
1/4 yellow onion, grated
1/4 cup cheese (cheddar or Parmesan work the best)
1/4 cup bread crumbs - I used Italian style
Salt and Pepper


I grated the zucchini and onion and then put them in some paper towels and squeezed the liquid out of them.  This is a VERY important step.  If you don't get rid of the liquid, your tots will never set.


Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.  Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and then distribute the mix into 12 mini muffin holes.  Cook for about 20 minutes until they have set and the tops are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment