Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Quinoa Cucumber Caprese Salad


I LOVE CAPRESE SALAD!  I know it has to do with the delicious fresh mozzarella, but the combination of that with the basil and tomatoes is a match made in heaven.  Here is my lunch for the week.  I can eat it as a salad or in a wrap, of course.

1 English cucumber, diced
1 Avocado, diced
1 pint of cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
1 cup quinoa uncooked
juice of 1 lemon
3 minced garlic cloves
3 Tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
4 oz fresh mozzarella, diced

Cook the Quinoa according to the package directions.  Mix all of the ingredients together and there you have it...Easy Peasy.  This salad is a little higher in calories and fat than my normal salad, but I just love it so much.  It is worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment