Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Baked Spaghetti Squash

yummy sausage
We really love spaghetti squash and today I changed up the recipe a bit.  I did every thing I did with the previous recipe, but I added chicken sausage and cheese and baked it back in the squash.

The sausage I used was so good!  It was my first time I'd had it.  I highly recommend it.  There are several varieties that al fresco makes.  I can't wait to try a different one.

Once the sauce was finished, I added the sliced chicken sausage and the parmesan cheese to the pan.  I then added the scraped spaghetti squash into the same pan and mixed everything up and added it back into the squash shell.  Then I topped each half with 1/4 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese and put it under the broiler until it was all melted.  Yummy cheesy goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment