Thursday, June 21, 2012

Behold, the Skinnier Snickerdoodle

This recipe is an adaptation of an adaptation of an adaptation.  Lol!  I love a good snickerdoodle.  I have always been a fan of an afternoon coffee with a cookie.  Actually, I used to eat cookies with my breakfast too, but that was at a different time in my life where I ate everything and anything all at once. HA!

I am not a huge fan of dessert recipes that are filled with substitutions for every single ingredient in the original full fat/full sugar versions.  It ends up not tasting anything close to what it is supposed to and I end up eating it disappointed, wondering why I am even eating it in the first place.  Here is a snickerdoodle recipe that I can live with and LOVE!

1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 cup of sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 Tablespoon Agave
1 tsp. vanilla
1 large egg + 1 egg white

To roll the cookies in:
1 T. cinnamon
3 T. Sugar

In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar.  Set aside.

In a large bowl, add the butter and sugar and mix with a hand mixer.  Add eggs, agave and vanilla.  Then slowly mix the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients.  I then rolled the cookies into 1 1/2 inch balls and rolled them in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.   I then placed them on a silpat (spray a cookie sheet if you don't have a silpat) 2 inches apart.   I put them in the oven for about 8-9 minutes and allowed them to cool on a baking rack.  Make a cup of coffee at about 3pm and join me for a cup of coffee and a delicious cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment