Thursday, June 14, 2012

Banana Oat Pancakes (gluten free)

So, today I am taking the kiddos to the zoo, so I figured I would treat myself.

3 small bananas, mashed (9.5 oz)
2 Tablespoons coconut oil or butter, melted
1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
2 eggs
1 cup oat flour (rolled oats zapped in the food   processor until ground up)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

I mixed all of the ingredients together and let it sit for 10 minutes before scooping out 1/4 cup scoops and adding it to a hot pan coated with cooking spray.  For more thorough instructions you can look here.  The recipe makes 9 pancakes.  They taste FANTASTIC without adding syrup, but of course, i did anyways.  They are truly delicious.  I love bananas and oats.  So very yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment