Monday, July 2, 2012

Mediterranean farro salad

I know I am late with my post today. I have been without power since Friday. I could whine and complain about it, but I have a generator and my town is not underwater and I am not watching fires come closer and closer to my home. I will just be thankful that I can do some of my everyday activities that I enjoy (thank you gas stove). Please excuse any typos or formatting issues as I am doing this all on my iPhone.

Here is my lunch for the week. I can keep it in a bowl or toss it in a wrap.

3oz fresh mozzarella, diced
4oz kalamata olives, roughly chopped
1 1/2 cups farro uncooked
About 25 cherry tomatoes quartered
1/4 cup diced red onion
3 minced garlic cloves (or less)
About 30 chopped basil leaves
2 Tablespoons balsamic
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook and cool your farro and add it with all the other ingredients. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment