Saturday, July 7, 2012

Happy Birthday to my favorite pup!

Yesterday was my Lilly Bean's first birthday and to celebrate, I made some homemade Frosty Paws (Ice cream for dogs).  It is so easy to do!  In my food processor I added:

32 oz of plain yogurt (I used organic.  Nothing but the best for my pooch!)
1 ripe banana
2 Tablespoons of natural peanut butter
2 Tablespoons of honey

I zapped it all until smooth and then distributed it among small containers to toss in the freezer.  Keep an eye on your dog while he/she is eating.  Besides the fact that they will most likely be scooting it all over the house trying to get every last drop of yummy goodness, he/she may also be silently chewing on the container the ice cream is in....or maybe that is just my doggy.

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo!!! This is exciting and I'm going to try this for sure for the Yzer-man! Did you just use Tupperware containers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I just used the extra small size ziplock containers....i want to say they were 8 oz? I only filled them about 1/3 of the way full though. Lilly LOVES them!

      Delete