Monday, March 26, 2012

Shrimp Stir Fry

A super quick and easy recipe for shrimp stir fry we have been loving lately is one I just threw together one night and it was a big hit. Now, I must tell you that up until about 4 months ago, I am not sure my husband knew what a vegetable was as I had NEVER seen him eat one, but since our goal to get healthier, he eats all kinds of veggies. WHO KNEW??

Shrimp stir fry
2 garlic cloves minced
1 T grated ginger
1 red bell pepper chopped in bite-sized pieces
8 oz mushrooms sliced
12 asparagus spears sliced in bite-sized pieces
12 oz shrimp-peeled, deveined, tail off
5 T Kikkomon less sodium teriyaki marinade
cooking spray

First, I spray the pan with the cooking spray and then toss the veggies in the skillet for about three minutes. Then I add the ginger and garlic to the pan. I stir until the veggies are mostly cooked and then I add the shrimp until they are cooked through. At the end, I add Kikkomon less sodium teriyaki marinade. I put the stir fry on top of the Minute Ready to Serve Brown Rice sold in the individual cups (yes, I am THAT lazy that I won't cook rice). So good. Hubby eats it up. It is less than 500 calories.





1 comment:

  1. This has become one of my favorite meals, believe it or not. I like how she always tells me that she is proud that I am eating vegetables whenever she makes it. Can't tell if she is serious, mocking, or both :-)

    ReplyDelete