Monday, March 26, 2012

My Best Friend: Myfitnesspal

For the last 3 months, I have been using the Myfitnesspal App on my iPhone (also available for Android phones). It is my electronic food journal. In the app, you add in all of your information like your current weight, how much you want to lose, how often you plan on working out and it gives you a target caloric intake. If you try it out, don't panic because it factors in that you will 'earn' calories back by working out.

I love that I can scan the barcodes on foods and it adds it with all of the calories and nutritional info automatically. It is so fast and easy. If, for some reason, it doesn't find the food, you can always search for it or enter it in manually. You can also use it online here. It is a calorie counter and has a huge database of foods. It even has a place where you can add your workouts (which adds more calories for you to consume in the day).

Yes, there are days that I workout so that I can consume more calories. I am not going to lie, I can't be on a completely strict diet. My husband has been on this weight loss journey with me since the new year and we have one diet cheat day a week. Most of the time, we still work out that day so that we don't blow it too huge, but nonetheless, it is a day we look forward to. The cheat day is great because you really feel like you earned it and that one day does not really throw your weight loss off.

No comments:

Post a Comment