Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Cups

I love hot wings and I love to dip hot wings in blue cheese dressing.  I have been known to eat wings for my weekly cheat meal.  I just love the spiciness and the creaminess all together.  Yummmmm.

Here is a healthy alternative that you won't feel guilty about later.

-1 cup cooked quinoa
-1 large egg
-1/4 cup chopped onion
-1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store...I used the rest of the left over chicken to make chicken salad (greek yogurt and dijon mustard))
-1/4 cup buffalo sauce
-1/2 cup reduced fat shredded mozarella cheese
-1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
-1 minced garlic clove
-salt and pepper

Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl until combined.  Put a heaping Tablespoon in each cup of a well sprayed mini muffin tin.  Push the ingredients down in each muffin cup so it is compact.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.

Now, even better news is that I also used a blue cheese dressing that is only 35 calories for 2 tablespoons.  It is seriously so good and practically

No comments:

Post a Comment