Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Crock Pot Apple Butter

We still had lots of apples left from our trip to the apple orchard, so I decided to make some apple butter.  Even better, I made apple butter in the crock pot ALL DAY LONG!!!  Can I just tell you how incredible my house smelled??? SO GOOD!

I found the recipe here.  Skinnytaste.com is an awesome place to visit, by the way.  I have found so many yummy things there!  Check it out!
Apple Butter

2.5 pounds (about 6 large) apples, peeled, cored and chopped (I used a mixture of Golden Delicious, Honey Crisp and Red Delicious)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp nutmeg

Toss the apples in your slow cooker. Cover the apples with the remaining ingredients and stir to coat.  

Cover and cook on low for 10 hours, stirring every so often.  Your mixture will turn thick and dark brown.

Uncover and puree with an emersion blender or zap in a food processor.  Cook on high with the lid off of the slow cooker for an hour or 2 more until at the desired consistency.  

It should make about 2 cups and have 16, 2 Tablespoon servings.  Calories: 88.5, fat: 0.3, 24.5 g carbs, fiber: 2.2 grams

No comments:

Post a Comment