Monday, October 8, 2012

My pal, the foam roller

I am 37 years old.  Some days I feel like I am 60.  I work out hard almost every day so I can be the healthy version of me that I am now.  I like her.  I need to take care of her.  Sometimes, my workouts leave me sore for days (because I ate more than I should have and I'm trying to work it off...I'm still trying to find a balance, don't judge).  I was introduced to my good friend, foam roller and we have been close ever since that day.  It helps with recovery and flexibility.
My trainer, Lilly

I am not a fan of running.  I really WANT to be a fan of running, but I just don't enjoy it.  I do it though, every now and again to mix things up.  I even was pretty good for a while with having 5K Fridays, but school and work and the kids' sports started and I would just rather do some circuit training or kickboxing or strength training or bull fighting....OK, maybe not that.  I was just using my foam roller the other day to work out one of my calves because I decided to run a 5K after not running for over 6 weeks.  Smart decision?  Not so much.  It hurts when I use it, but I know in the long run, it is helping greatly

The foam roller helps with recovery and with flexibility.  It is also fun to do while you are sitting watching your evening tv show before you go to bed.  Hopefully, you aren't growling in pain too loudly as you use it.  It helps me wake up the next morning able to walk sometimes....I kid....maybe.

Here are some exercises you can do with your foam roller.  Check it out.  They are really very helpful.







No comments:

Post a Comment