Monday, September 17, 2012

Food of the Week: Salad Dressing

Does your salad dressing have more calories in it than your entire salad you are putting it on?  It shouldn't.  A serving size of salad dressing is 2 Tablespoons.  For example, two tablespoons of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing is 140 calories.   Salad dressing is one of those things that you just pour on your greens without even thinking about it because you are eating a salad, right?  It must be healthy.  Measure out 2 tablespoons and see what that looks like.  Make sure you know for the next time you have a salad.

When I started my weight loss journey, I used lemon juice, or balsamic vinegar, or even salsa!  All of those are very low in calories and won't blow your diet.  

I came across these little gems from Bolthouse farms in the refrigerator section of my produce department.  SALAD DRESSING MADE WITH YOGURT!  Thank you!  They make creamy salad dressings made with yogurt at only 35-45 calories for 2 tablespoons.  They have Classic Ranch, Salsa Ranch, Chunky Blue Cheese, Zesty French, Caesar Parmigiano, Thousand Island, Honey Mustard.  I have only tried 2 of them, but I LOVE the Salsa Ranch!  Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment