Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Breakfast Coffee Protein Shake

I love coffee.  I drink it A LOT.  This morning, I decided to make a protein shake with my morning coffee and it was DELIGHTFUL!

I made some coffee and let it cool while I was getting the kids ready so that it wouldn't melt my ice.  After it was cool, I added to my blender:

1 cup of coffee
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2-1 frozen banana
1 scoop of vanilla or chocolate protein powder
2 handfulls of ice

Blend to your desired consistency and ENJOY!

**TIP:  I almost always have frozen bananas in my freezer.  When I see that my bananas are getting too ripe, I peel and slice them and put them in a baggie to toss in the freezer.  They work well in banana ice cream when I am craving something sweet at night too.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, coffee in a shake? I'm there! :)

    I found you through your friend, Cindy (Vegetarian Mamma), linking your blog up on my The Luck O' The Blogger link-up on Fibro, Fit and Fab! where you can link up your friend's blog or a post about your friends. I'm glad she linked you up, because it appears you have some yummy recipes here I need to look more into! :) Definitely bookmarking your site for later!

    I hope you will stop by Fibro, Fit and Fab! and join in the fun, but understand if you can't. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This looks great. I'm going to try using http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/complete-protein-coffee.html instead of normal coffee and see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete