Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Easy Omelets!

As you all know, I am a big planner.  I plan my breakfasts, lunches and dinners a week ahead of time and most weeks, have my breakfasts and lunches prepared on Sunday so all I have to do is grab it and eat during the week.  This leads me to make better choices when eating because I already have it made, so I don't decide to have a bag of buttered popcorn with additional butter added for lunch.  I have no excuses.

Here is another yummy breakfast option...OMELETS!  Who doesn't love an omelet?  You can make it however you want.  You can make a different one each day.  Get a giant muffin tin, spray with cooking spray, and add 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites.  Then all you need to do is add your favorite omelet fixins.  Put it in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  Make them on Sunday for the week and keep them in the fridge in a sealed container.  Pull one out every morning and warm in the microwave and add a whole grain English muffin or some fruit and Breakfast is done!  One large egg has 70 calories and each egg white is 17 calories, so with that as your base, you start with 104 calories for the eggs.  All you then have to do is add what you put in it!

Mine had diced red onions, diced mushrooms, baby spinach and red peppers...So delicious!

1 comment:

  1. This looks really good. I usually scramble.. but I might try this!

    ReplyDelete