Thursday, January 3, 2013

Apple Pie Steel Cut Oats

I used to love having a warm bowl of oatmeal in the morning before I got on the bus for school.  It has been quite a long time since I have had warm oatmeal in the morning.  Since I have been having overnight oatmeal for so long, I decided to switch it up a bit this week.  Today,  I made some Apple Pie Steel Cut Oats.  It was VERY yummy and so filling!

1 1/2 cup Vanilla Almond Milk
1/4 cup steel cut oats
1 apple (1/2 cut up, eat the other half)
Cinnamon to taste
1 Stevia Packet

I put the milk in a pan and brought it to a boil.  Then I added the oats, the cinnamon and the apple and brought the heat down to low and let simmer for about 20 minutes.  Once my oats were cooked, I added some more cinnamon and a Stevia packet.  It was a perfect breakfast on this 12 degree morning!

Nutritional Info:  286.4 calories, 1 g saturated fat, 9.7 g dietary fiber, 15.4g sugar, and 6.9 g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment