Monday, February 4, 2013

Dessert for 1!

I love desserts and will never give them up, but making desserts and then having left overs in the house for days after they are made are no good for me.  My thinking is either, "Man, One cookie is good....surely 6 more would be even better." I also think, "I need to get these cookies out of the house so I am not tempted to eat them every day, so maybe I'll just eat them all now and be done with them."  Yes, I have been known to be a binger.  Confession made.

Since I have accepted a life that includes desserts, I have discovered making smaller batches so that there are no leftovers.  I do not have dessert all the time.  Sometimes, you just need a cookie or some cake.  I am not including calorie counts for these things because, honestly, I just don't want to know.  If I want dessert, I eat dessert.  Then I just continue eating right and working out.  No big deal.  Just so you know...the following desserts, I have tried and tasted in the last 24 hours.  I love writing this blog.  :)

Chocolate chip cookies!  This recipe says it makes 2 cookies.  I made them for my kids and they are HUGE cookies.  I will make 4 cookies from the recipe next time.  They are DELISH!  This was MY FAVORITE small batch dessert I made.






Mug Cakes...They can be tricky.  You can put them in the microwave to bake them, but you need to keep an eye on them.  Most of the recipes say to put them in for 1-2 minutes.  I highly recommend you put them in for only a minute, take it out to test the center of the cake to see if it is done.  If it isn't done, put it back in the microwave for an additional 30 seconds and repeat test for doneness.  If left in the microwave for too long, they will be rubbery and gross.  I have also been known to put the mug in the oven at 375 degrees for 12-14 minutes.  Be sure your mug is oven safe.  Mine are Fiestaware, and they work just fine.

I made 2 more mug cakes in addition to these and they just weren't very good.  I am not going to be posting them.  I guess that is the good thing about making a dessert that isn't very good.  If you don't like it, you can just throw it out .


Coffee Cake in a mug.  I am a fan of eating coffee cake with my coffee and this hits the spot.  The hubs thought so too.  :)








Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake  This was very rich and yummy.  I am a big fan of frosting, so I tried finding a cake that I didn't want to add heaping Tablespoons of buttercream on and this one hit the spot.






I also have a recipe for carrot cake in a mug, but I didn't get around to making it as I didn't have the buttermilk needed on hand.  I WILL be making it though.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment