Thursday, September 6, 2012

SALSA!!

I am drowning in tomatoes over here.  Why do they all have to ripen at the same time?  Today, I made some salsa!  I loooovvvveeeee salsa!  I put it on my salads, in my wraps, on some pop chips.....mmmmm.  So yummy.

The thing about salsa is that everyone likes theirs differently.  Some people like super chunky, or lots of cilantro, or insanely hot.  I typically just toss ingredients in a bowl and taste it along the way to see if anything else needs to be added, then I add some other things or more of something.  It is far from an exact science.

The way I like it is:

1 lb of tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
2 garlic cloves minced
1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
1 small onion, diced
juice of 1 lemon
salt to taste

ENJOY!!  I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment