Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Crock Pot Applesauce

Every year, we go apple picking and every year we come home with so many apples.  Today, I made some applesauce.  You can make applesauce a lot of different ways, but I prefer to toss everything in the crock pot on low for a few hours and let the yummy smell of cinnamon and apples travel throughout my house.  Talk about the sweet smell of fall!
yummy, bubbly goodness

There is no exact recipe for this one.  It all depends on what you like, but this is what I used.

8 apples peeled, cored and chopped (I like to use a variety of apples.  I used Honeycrisp, red delicious and golden delicious this time)
1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon (you can add more or less according to your taste)
The juice of 1 lemon

After I tossed all of the ingredients in the crock pot, I just let it do it's job.  I stirred it every 45  minutes or so and turned off the crock pot when it looked like I wanted it to (about 3 hours).  It is so good, and I must admit that I burned my tongue on my spoon while trying to take a taste because I am impatient.

This is such a healthy applesauce.  NO SUGAR ADDED!  Try it!  You will LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment