Friday, April 26, 2013

Food of the week: UNREAL

Maybe I have been watching too many food documentaries.  I have been taking a hard look at processed foods.  There are far too many processed foods in the world and I am trying to be more cognizant of the foods that I put in my body and my family.  Now, I know I won't be one of those people who will cut all processed foods out of my diet but I certainly can reduce it.

My kids love M & M's and Peanut Butter cups...heck, who am I kidding?  We all love them.  I came across these little gems and was very pleased with them.  They are kid approved and contain no artificial ingredients, no hydrogenated oil, no corn syrup, no preservatives and no GMOs.  Even the coloring for the candy coated chocolates come from beetroot juice, turmeric root extract and purple cabbage juice.

I wouldn't call them healthy candy, but I can feel good about the fact that my family is eating food and not some Frankenfood.  Give them a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment