Thursday, February 20, 2014

Mint Chocolate Protein Shake

I was wandering around the kitchen the other day wondering what to have for lunch (very dangerous) and nothing was sounding good.  I opened the freezer and saw some of my daughter's frozen junior mints and decided to figure out how to make a mint chocolate protein shake (that was a close one because the junior mints were almost my lunch).

**helpful hint**In my house, if there are bananas that are about time to throw away, I will peel and slice them and put one banana each in a ziplock bag and toss it in the freezer so I can add them to my shakes.

Ingredients:
1 frozen banana
1 heaping tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa
1/4 cup almond milk
3 oz greek yogurt (I used Fage 0%)
A quick splash of peppermint extract ( a little goes a long way)
1 scoop of protein powder

Zap it all in your blender and you have a protein filled delicious lunch or breakfast!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment